Fundraising Countdown

The support and fundraising that has happened on my behalf has touched my heart and has made alternative cancer treatment a possibility for me. Donations continue to be my primary funding for healthy food, supplements, living expenses and medical bills. If you feel moved to give to my Health and Wellness Fund, please follow the Paypal "Donate" button below. To avoid Paypal's 3% fee, checks or cash can be sent to Zachariah Walker, 1003 Chipeta Ave, Grand Junction, CO 81501. Blessings!

*CRITICAL ANGELES HOSPITAL VISIT: CURRENT ESTIMATED COST = $25,000. AHHH! PLUS UNEXPECTED CRISIS CONTROL AND 4 DAYS IN ICU*

Donate to Zachariah's Health & Wellness Fund

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blurry Days - Round 2 Chemo

The first take of this video I thought it was Tuesday.  Wednesday, actually.  The days have been a slow motion kind of blur, but they're passing fast.  It's late Wednesday and the next bag of chemo is currently dripping at 190 mL/hr into my veins.  Tightness in the chest, I think due to liquid overload in my system.  I've also got 150 mL/hr of sodium bicarbonate dripping into a second port.  That's to keep my system alkalized, particularly to keep my uric acid levels low to protect my kidneys.  I've been dripping steroid eye drops into my very healthy eyes to protect them from possible adverse effects.  My vision has always been great and I covet my sight, very nervous dripping chemicals into my eyes.  So much trust is necessary through this process.  This video was recorded late afternoon today after a day of "doing time." I sit in my room looking out of windows with blinds that don't recede, kind of like looking through bars.  Three square meals and a bed and a clock ticking on the wall.

I am grateful my body so far is handling the chemo with very few side-effects.  I just hope the chemo is doing what it's supposed to do to the cancer cells.  The first go round didn't quite have the desired effect, so this time we're "hitting it hard" as my cancer doc said.  The anxiety of what that means to my body so far has been worse than any actual ramifications.  Each time a new bag of chemo starts I bless it, write positive words on it with a Sharpie, and ask it to focus its work on the dis-ease in my body while avoiding the healthy and productive cells.  Especially be kind to my digestive system!  Perhaps it is listening and we are working together.  The focus is certainly on chemo as friend, not foe.  The next dose starts at nine in the morning, then I'll have a day off.  The final doses are Friday night and Saturday morning, and trusting that I am not having complications of any sort I will get to go home.  I move forward, doing my best to stay centered and express emotions as they arise.  I do my best to continue to come back to all of the healing energy I have access to, inside and out.  One blurry day at a time...


8 comments:

Jeff Osborn said...

You are the wind beneath my wings!

Health and Freedom Yoga said...

Love,Light, Cleansing energy to the bone! I see you whole and happy on the mat sharing with friends and students. Pranayama is a great use of time when doing time. Peace

Dr. G said...

Sending lots of love and peace your way Z-Man!

Beth said...

Good to see your face....hear your voice....see you shining! Love to you my dear friend!

Tommy Sage said...

Zach, when this is all over and you're 100% healthy again, you're not allowed to worry me the rest of our days. Good thing you're one of the strongest people I know. I love you dude.

Gay Walker said...

Following your progress every day, Z, as I send positive vibes your way. Hang in there, dear friend. I hear you are wearing the bracelet--that makes me feel grateful that I could share it with you. :) Gay

Anonymous said...

Looking Good Z man.. Love to you and the Dani Jack! Todd R.

Karen said...

Annette, please sing "what's behind the green door" to Zach.